Introduction: Razor bumps are caused mainly due to shaving, when the hair gets infected it leads to razor bumps. There are some best ways to prevent razor bumps here which are shaving blades should be dried to prevent them from rust. Shaving cream and lotion needs to be used, so that skin does not dries. There should be gap in shaving, so that it gets proper time for skin to heal.
Home remedies for razor bumps
- Tea Tree oil- Tree oil is very beneficial for razor bumps. It is antibacterial in nature and helps in recovering from razor bumps.Mix tea tree oil with water, apply the solution on the affected area. Tea tree oil helps in healing.
- Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is anti-bacterial in nature and helps in healing process. Aloe Vera gel can also be used as shave, it has soothing effect on skin. Apply the gel of aloe Vera on the affected area, it provides relaxation over the skin. Learn how to make aloe vera gel here.
- Apple cider vinegar-Apple cider vinegar is very effective in proving relief from burns, itchiness etc. Apply apple cider on the problem area and leave for few minutes to dry, wash with cold water. Apple cider is very effective for healing. On sensitive skin it is always recommended to use apple cider mixed with water.
- Honey– Honey is antiseptic in nature and helps in providing relief and relaxation to the skin. Apply honey on the problem area and leave for few minutes, wash with cold water. Honey helps in killing bacteria and speeds up healing process.How to get rid of razor bumps
- Baby Powder– Baby powder is an easy way to get rid of sensitivity. Apply the baby powder on the problem area. It will have cool and soothing effect on the skin. Baby powder can be used in place of lotion, after shave. For sensitive skin baby powder is best.
- Baking Soda-Baking soda is very useful in getting rid of razor burns. Baking soda helps in fighting against itchiness and allergies. Take two teaspoons of baking soda and mix with water, make a paste and apply on the problem area. Baking soda helps in reducing pain from rashes.
- Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is very useful in razor bumps. Coconut oil is very beneficial for skin and it helps in making skin smooth. Coconut oil mixed with sugar can also be used as scrub, and reduces dead cells from skin. It acts as a moisturiser for skin and provides adequate quantity of nutrients.
- Cucumber– Cucumber play very important role in healing process. Keep the cucumber in refrigerator and cool for few minutes. Apply the slice of cucumber on the problem area and leave for few minutes. It acts as a soothing effect.Take slice of cucumber and cut into pieces and mix with milk. Apply the mixture on the razor burn portion and leave for ten minutes, wash with cold water.
Conclusion: Home remedies are very effective, cheap, convenient and easy to use against razor burns, with no side effects. You can use these remedies without the fear of infection.
About the author: The above content is been written by Aradhna Rai a beauty advisor and guest post publisher. So you can contact here for best class guest posting services.