Dental implants are quite popular everywhere nowadays. They are commonly chosen for problems like missing teeth or broken teeth or crooked teeth. They can help you by restoring the beauty of your smile. There are many dentists in Michigan who are well-known for dental implants. Some of them do the procedure carefully, while some may not perform the procedure properly.
To find a good dentist for Shelby Township dental implant, read the patient reviews of various dentists online. Most people in Michigan approach the team of William G. Ziecina, D.D.S., for all their dental problems. As their treatments are safe, affordable, and effective, approach them without giving it a second thought.
Dental implants are available in different sizes and shapes in Michigan. Dental implants look quite natural, which is why most people choose them. Only your dentist will be able to differentiate your natural teeth from dental implants. Another great advantage of using dental implants is that they don’t require any special products for cleaning.
Dental Implants – Aftercare
- After this procedure, your gums require some time for healing, which is why most dentists recommend their patients avoid hot foods and drinks after the procedure. Your dentist may ask you to drink cold water after the procedure, as it provides relief from pain if you experience any.
- It is essential to maintain your mouth clean. Otherwise, it can lead to the development of bacteria. Keeping your mouth clean speeds up your recovery.
- After the procedure, you must avoid brushing your teeth vigorously. Use a soft-bristled manual toothbrush for brushing your teeth. While brushing your teeth is important, avoid putting pressure on your teeth until your gums get healed completely.
- If you experience any swelling, use an ice pack in that area. Your dentist may recommend some medications if you are unable to manage the swelling and pain.
- Avoid acidic and sugary food after the procedure.
Are dental implants durable?
People with a weak jaw bone must avoid dental implants. To know the condition of your jaw bones, your dentists recommend tests like CT scans or X-rays. Dental implants can last for even 20 to 30 years if you maintain them properly. For tooth replacement, it is difficult to find such a durable option. It is difficult to find cases where dental implants have failed.
You must immediately approach a dentist if you find anything wrong with your dental implants after the procedure.