New scientific discoveries have created more options in the health sector. And a similar surgery known as dental implantation has revolutionized the dental care medical sector too. This surgery is an improvement over the previous methods of tooth replacement that used to result in bruising as well as gum swelling. However, even dental implantation comes with a set of precautions. The most important and first of all those precautions is choosing a dental clinic like implant dentaireOracare that is equipped with a state of art technology and offers the services of some of the best and most experienced dental physicians and surgeons.
What Are Dental Implants and Why are They So Popular?
Dental implants are artificial teeth that are made up of a titanium screw like base that is drilled inside the jaw and works like the root of the teeth and an upper bony abutment with a crown covering that works and looks like the teeth. They are popular because of the following reasons.
- The implants are strong and permanent.
- The crown has a long life and can be replaced with a new one without pulling out the implant.
- Successful implants cause no pain or swelling.
What is Bone Grafting and When is It Needed?
Bone grafting is a surgical procedure that needs to be performed on people with a weak jawline and thinner bones and soft tissues before dental implantation. It involves grafting bone from the strongest areas of the body like hips within the hollow of the gums where the implant has to be fixed. It is only after the bone powder sets in the hollow that dental implantation surgery is started. Dentist keeps evaluating the grafting status with the help of scans.
Why is It Important to Perform Jawline x-ray Before Dental Implantation?
Success rate of Implantation depends upon two things.
- The strength of the bones in the jaws.
- The health of the soft tissues in and around the gums with the missing teeth.
Incase the implantation is carried out without scanning, weaker jawline will get affected. It will result in gum loosening and premature tooth fall. Also, scanning is necessary because it helps in evaluating that the gums do not have plaque and bacteria. All these considerations determine the future of an implantation – successful or unsuccessful.
Precautions For The Success Of Dental Implantation
The precautions are simple:
- Visit the dentist regularly till it is determined that your jaws have become capable of handling an implant.
- Do not expose your implanted teeth to anything hot, cold, too spicy, or too hard till it sets in and recovers.
- Keep taking antibiotics and painkillers, if prescribed by your doctor, to avoid the risk of implant infections.